Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Dirt Crits........ HELL YEAH

I should have realized there was going to be a problem when I woke up Thurs. morning to my 4 yr old asking " what time is the kids race "? No kidding. Sydney has been riding her lil legs off. I had to prop them up on pillows Tues night. I ran behind her while she rode 5 miles during the day. Whew! I need to get faster. When Daddy got home we did another 2 miles around the hood. I knew I would have to sign up for the C race after we arrived. There was no way I could have pried Syd off her bike to watch me ride mine. After signing up I felt like a sandbagger. It didnt help to have several people point out to me that " you are better than that"either. The C race was over before I knew it . And I know that I did not belong there. I had a great time, Ralph really knows how to put it ALL together doesnt he? Dirt Crit #2 will happen without Syd and Connor with a better gear set-up. I was not sure what would be the best gearing for a flat course, so I went with a 38x20. I definitely needed more in the front, or less in the back. Possibly a 38x18 or a 40x20. Hmmmm. Still figuring this SS stuff out.

And Yes, I will be in the B race. So, listen for the bell dinging behind you, thats me catching your ass. You certainly dont want to get passed by a bike with a bell, do ya?

No comments:

Post a Comment