Thursday, April 21, 2011

Sea Otter - Thursday, Day One






Up at 515, Breakfast at 630 in our beautiful hotel. Then a short drive to Laguna Seca Raceway, my home for the next 4 days. We had to move all the bikes, about 25, from the "pod" to our tent area. With 15 of us it was a quick setup and then we got to walk around and see the other booths. First celeb I met was Sonya Looney


It was "industry day," the public would be there tomorrow. It was awesome to walk and talk with the other vendors about their products. There was excitement in the air and like-minded peeps everywhere. As I gathered my first bag of goodies, I wondered how I was going to get all this schwag home. The fellas below were handing out Big Air!!




I met these three sisters. They are the future of women's cycling. They are 11,14 and 17. I am sure in a few years they will be signing autographs at SEA OTTER.

I did get to meet Rebecca R, Krista Park, Heather Irmiger and several other pro women at the Ladies Lounge. From 2 til 4 they had a spread of fruit and cheese/stuffed mushrooms, wine, and Sierra Nevada to enjoy while we talked bikes - It was absolutely electric, it was girl power!



Also met and had a beer with Barry Wicks in the Kona tent - it's ok to be jealous.







Tear down was at 5PM - put the bikes back in the "pod," pile in the van, and head back to get cleaned up for a Mexican dinner.
Exhausted, I fell into bed with my mind racing. The 2 hour time difference was going to be a problem.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOD
    JEALOUSJEALOUSJEALOUSJEALOUSJEALOUSJEALOUSJELLO

    ReplyDelete