Monday, February 23, 2015

Dear Emma


Hey girl,

I know I have told you this several times but it bears repeating.  I want you to know how much I appreciate you.  I appreciate your commitment to me this past three Dirty Kanza's.  I couldn't have finished them without you.  I appreciate how you made my goal your top priority for that day.  You were there for me when I needed you most. You never complained or whined about the long hours and miserable pay.  You saw me at my absolute best and at my worst, and loved me anyway.



I like your no-nonsense style, you are a straight shooter, and the fact you don't beat around the bush.  Those three things in common made us a good team.  Each finish was better fought than the last.  I wanted to tell you how much I appreciate your support and enthusiasm.   You are a pro as a pit crew.  You don't take any shit from anyone, I like that.  You didn't treat me like a baby and make me "wipe my own ass".  I appreciate the slaps "into reality" and the slaps on the ass to get me back on the gravel.  I am proud that we did not have to use our "code word", not once.  I know you saw it in my eyes but I  never uttered it.  You gave me exactly what I needed exactly when I needed it.  You knew what to say if I had a rough 50 miles, and what to say as I left the checkpoint to ride another 50.  You handled my bottles and my camelbak quickly and always had extra ice.  I know I am giving you a big head but you deserve it.




  Oh, did you catch it?  I said "made" us a great team, like past tense.  Well...

I am writing you to inform you that your services will not be needed at this 2015 DK, you are fired.  The stars are in perfect alignment and it seems that my husband and my 9yr old daughter would like to support me. This is a bittersweet moment as I am sure you can understand.  I am letting you know this so you can put yourself out there for another brave soul who may need you, as you will offer your services to help anyone out.
I would like to keep you on retainer for 2016, but I need to get 2015 outta the way first.

Thank you so much for helping myself and others accomplish our goals!

You are amazing Emma!

No comments:

Post a Comment