Friday, April 27, 2012

Training The Mind and The Behind




The Dirty Kanza is just five weeks away.  My opportunity to redeem myself in Kansas is at the fore-front of my brain. My goal is to finish the 200 miles and have a Pabst.  I did not spend eight weeks jumping around in my living room with Shaun T. to fail.  Adding in three miles of running every morning has been beneficial too, I will not fail.  Riding my bike as much as possible, I will not fail.  Eating healthy meals and spending time on the foam roller, I will not fail.  I WILL be the first member of Team Seagal to conquer this gravel beast.  Count on it!


I LOVE MY KONA



Even though I have been consistent with my mileage, as of today, my longest ride has been 50 miles on the  Katy Trail.  I arrived at the Weldon Spring Trailhead solo around 9am.  I asked my FaceBook friends if I should go right or left.  My first response was left, so I headed toward St. Charles telling myself there's beer there.




It was a beauty of a day, light wind and 80 degrees.  The ride would be minimally uncomfortable.  I planned on 12mph, consistent pedaling.  I stopped to take some pictures and watch two turtles play.   I reached Black Walnut MO, never heard of it, in two hours.  Right on time.

View to the left


I turn around and headed back.

View to the right




  This ride was necessary to build my mind, it did get a little boring. Even though the view was beautiful as I rode from town to town, it would have been nice to have company. I know I have to be comfortable with being alone. There were portions of the DK200 that I rode alone.   I need to build confidence, and this is one way to do it.

Explorers

 


Fly like an eagle


I need to get packing for our weekend.  Camping, trail work and secret stuff.  It's tough being me.

2 comments:

  1. Secret stuff sounds intruiging

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so ready for school and volleyball to be over so I can get in some miles. I'll be at DK one way or the other, so I look forward to watching you drink that beer, if not handing it to you.

    ReplyDelete