Monday, April 11, 2011

AIRBORNE not Chairborne

I have been anticipating the trip to Sea Otter for three weeks. Jim and I leave on Tuesday morning. I am very excited to meet the rest of the Flight Crew. They all have skills and I look forward to learning from them. The girl's on this team are truly remarkable. McCall is one of those "crazy downhillers" and I would like her to give me some tips to make me faster on the down hill. Arleigh has a ton of experience in the bike industry and was a wrench for Rebecca Rusch a while back. I will definitely be in sponge mode while spending time with her. Some of the fellas are amazing photographers and take some sweet videos. I could definitely use some help in that area.

If you want to be kept up to date on what we are doing in CA, just head over to the Airborne Bicycles page and LIKE them. Airborne also has a blog you can follow. Keep an eye on that. Some TOP SECRET stuff will be unveiled there. Contractual obligations have me sworn to secrecy. I can tell you that we will be showing off our new kits. Ian Hylands will be there taking pictures of us too. He will be at Sea Otter taking pictures of the races also. Maybe one of our pictures will make a magazine.


I signed up to race on Sun, the Cat 3 women's 40-49 cross country race. It's only 16 miles, quite a bit shorter than the stuff I usually do. According to last years results, there were 35 women in that category alone. I am used to racing with a handful of ladies , so this should be amazing. I will be sporting a Goblin too. Gears Baby! Can you tell I am stoked?

Today I will be packing and working on my coolness factor. When I meet Rebecca Rusch I want to be calm, cool, and collected. We shall see how that works out. Wish me luck.

I was helping out at my in-laws this weekend, cutting down some trees and brush. My husband said " don't hug my mom when we leave" and I said "why?" He informed me that she is allergic to poison ivy. DUH. So am I. After 2 hours of being chest deep in it I ran to the shower and used Tecnu. I have had an issue with the IVY. I am over my embarrassment and figure I owe it to my new readers to share my experience. Plus, it's hilarious. I also used some Zanfel when I got home. Both Tecnu and Zanfel will be in my carry on.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Good luck, have fun, learn, and enjoy EVERY moment. You deserve it. Can't wait to hear about it when you get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure to use them gears! Oh, and Don't forget to pedal super fast.

    -CFR

    ReplyDelete