Saturday, May 8, 2010

SHAPE UP THE NATION

How many steps do you take in a day? Is it 5,000? Maybe 10,000? or more? I am not sure either. So, I am going to take the Shape Up the Nation challenge and find out. I have been fortunate to enlist 2 fellas and 2 chicas so far. The only equipment you will need is a pedometer. I have seen them at Walmart and Target for about $5.00.

All you will need to do is wear it every day and keep a record of your steps. If you do any additional excercise, like running or biking, keep track of those minutes also. You will need to report your #'s to me once a week. I will not be giving out anyones personal information unless I have your permission to do so.

Four years ago, after having my daughter, I started walking. I tipped the scales at 200 lbs. Yes, I did, and I have the pics to prove it. Its hard for me to believe now, since I have evolved(?) from just walking. We all have a starting point. Thats just what it is. My journey started with one step, and now I am doing things I had only dreamed of. Stop dreaming and start stepping to your goal.


The challenge starts on May 24 and goes for 12 weeks. I know my team is going to put up some serious numbers. I almost feel sorry for the other teams. If you or someone you know is interested just shoot me an email at sydsmomma@gmail.com and I will take care of the rest. I am very excited about this opportunity to get YOU moving.

Now, get outside its a beautiful day..

No comments:

Post a Comment