Thursday, September 22, 2011

Letter to Goliath 2011

I originally wrote this post back in April of 2010. I have a lot of friends racing this weekend and thought it was a perfect time to change a few words and throw it out there again.  Remember where you came from and keep moving forward.  Stay positive. Anything can happen.    I wish you all the best.


Dear Goliath,

Hi, how are you? I hope your training is going well. You don't really know me. I have been observing you for a few years now. I have watched  you grace the podium several times. I have seen the promoters hand you $$$, and some great schwag. This year you will not even recognize me. I have been working hard and cant wait to see what the end of the 2011 season has in store for me.

You see, I - WE- have:

trained ALL summer
suffered through the 100 degree weather, complete with humidity
completed looonnnnggg gravel rides
endured boring indoor rides on the trainer
worked on downhills
climbed a lot of hills, over and over
been doing P90X tapes, back to back
gained some speed
shed some weight
gotten more sleep
dropped my Clydsdale status
eaten healthy
skipped buffets
declined Happy Hours
upgraded my bike
started running
hired a trainer
tried yoga
ETC....


I realize you are strong, fast, talented, and have worked hard to get where you are. However, just because you have won so far doesn't mean sh*t. Prepare yourself for some pain. It will be you who will be pushed  by me. You will feel me breathing down your back. Even if you don't see me, know that I am close. I will be watching for you to bobble, choke, have a flat/mechanical, or just run outta gas. When you least expect it... I will be there. Waiting to make my move.

I will be your competition these last few races. I foresee epic battles between us. Each one better than the last. I am looking forward to seeing you.

David


 *****  To all the Davids, you know who you are, keep up the hard work. It will pay off.  *****

2 comments:

  1. What does one do if they are neither David nor Goliath...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Cory - Simple - Cat Up and HTFU or suffer and fail.

    ReplyDelete